Hydrogen Group are currently looking for several Data Engineers to join an exciting programme of work that is been carried out by a consultancy for a challenger bank. The role is a contract role that sits outside IR35 and is paying up to £500 per day. The role is a remote role, but applicants must be either residents of the UK or hold a valid working visa for the United Kingdom.
The successful Data Engineer will be Working as part of a team of other Data Engineers, the successful Data Engineer will work closely with the project Data Modeller and Data Architect to build out the Enterprise Data Model in Data Warehouse using Oracle (Amazon RDS), Python, Zeppelin, PyCharm and Airflow. Additionally, building out real-time streaming capability from ingestion through to reporting, BI & data marts and presenting data for API consumption, all built in and deployed through multiple AWS environments.
Essential Key skills/knowledge/experience:
- Minimum 3 years' working with Oracle (Amazon RDS), Python, Zeppelin, PyCharm and Airflow.
- Must be comfortable building Python data pipelines and orchestrating using Airflow
- Should have worked in an agile environment/ waterfall or sprint-based approach
- Have experience and understanding of both Inmon and Kimball modelling methodologies
- Has previously built data warehouse objects
- Ideally have some awareness of the information security/data protection/governance and change management involved in working in a bank.