Data Engineer, Start Up Bank, London - Up to £65,000 + Benefits
My client, an exciting Start Up Bank is seeking a Data Engineer to work very closely with the Head of Data to design and build data platforms. Requiring excellent business knowledge and technical skills to successfully deliver data needs for various parts of the business.
My clients looking to source data from various partners and build a data model which is scalable, flexible and adaptable. Data model will in turn be implemented to create a cloud-based data platform in Microsoft Azure.
Key duties / Responsibilities:
· Support workshops to gather requirements from different business areas and implement into the data design.
· Plan, design and develop data solutions using, Azure data lake gen2, Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services and Azure Data Factory
· Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting ETL solutions
· Producing relational and multidimensional database queries
· Maintain the architectural principles and standards.
· Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
· Provide hands-on support for all Data related activities within the BI Team
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
To qualify for this truly unique Data Engineer opportunity applicants must possess:
· Demonstrable experience as a ETL Developer.
· Azure Cloud; Specifically Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server and Azure Data Lake Gen2.
· Experience building a data warehouse / lake / setting up a data platform from Scratch is highly beneficial.
· Understanding of the concepts behind Object Orientated Programming Languages (e.g Python, Java or c#)
· Understanding of Data Architecture / Data Modelling (Understanding of Kimball DW methodology is beneficial)
· Experienced SQL skills, ability to code and mine data
This is a truly outstanding opportunity that offers successful Data Engineering applicants unrivalled technical challenge, career progression and earnings potential.