DATA ENGINEERING LEAD - INSIGHT - RETAIL BANKING - EDINBURGH (REMOTE)
Role: Data Insight Engineering Lead (permanent position)
Salary: up to £70,000 DOE
Location: UK (remote)*
*UK based applicants only
The Role: Our retail banking client is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to step into a Lead position, where they would be responsible for leading the delivery, design, build and maintenance of the banks semantic data assets. The Lead will identify opportunities to unlock the value of new and existing data domains to develop and implement the semantic data layer which enhances business insight capabilities. The successful candidate will be a data subject matter expert and coach a team to develop data flows and acquisition processes to deliver well structured, efficient and well performing data marts. They will be responsible for leading the strategic design of the semantic data layer for the enterprise and the coordination with internal stakeholders, as well as outside partners and suppliers. Moreover, they will effectively lead and motivate a team of Data Insight Engineers who facilitate semantic data layer solutions, processes, procedures, development, and implementation.
This client is particularly dedicated to providing the best engineering culture, and therefore encourages all their engineers to share new ideas, challenge existing practices, and always be looking for opportunities to improve their teams and our wider architecture community. This role will lead all activities and be empowered to challenge the status quo.
· 5+ years' experience delivering integrated data to drive meaningful self-serve analysis and insight
· Experienced in programming with cloud-based tools (python, Spark, Airflow etc.)
· Experience of SAS, SAS EG, DI Studio & SAS SQL, R, Shiny (preferred)
· Experience in Semantic layer data model creation and maintenance, including real time and batch based data loads
· Agile delivery methodology and ceremonies, including task allocation and capacity planning
· Requirement interpretation, solution design and impact assessment
· JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Jenkins knowledge (preferred)
· Leading, coaching and performance managing a team
If this sounds like your next challenge, please do not hesitate to apply now as we are currently shortlisting!