Rate: $900-1100 per day including super/excluding GST
Duration: 12 months with extensions
Location: Sydney OR Melbourne
Our client us currently going through a major transformation initiative and has kicked off a number of data programs to assist in the delivery of the transformation.
- Work with data architect, tech BA, data engineers and business stakeholders to understand and analyze data requirements, and design and implement data models that meet those requirements.
- Develop, educate, and embed good data modelling and data asset governance practices
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models that reflect the organization's data landscape.
- Ensure that data models are consistent with industry standards, are scalable, and can support business needs.
- Collaborate with data engineers to ensure that data models are implemented efficiently and effectively in data storage systems.
- Perform data analysis and profiling to ensure data quality and consistency, and to identify opportunities for data optimization and performance improvement.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices related to data modeling and make recommendations for improvements to the organization's data architecture and design.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to data engineers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data modeling or related fields.
- Proficient in data modeling tools and techniques, including ER modeling, dimensional modeling, and data normalization.
- Experience in large technical requirements gathering and analysis.
- Experience with SQL and database management systems, as well as ETL processes.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data platforms such as AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry is highly advantageous.
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable.