I'm currently looking for an experienced data modeller for a contract role within a consultancy. The role is home based and for an initial 5 months. The end client is a retail bank. This role does sit outside of IR35 and is paying £400 to £430 per day.
- The Data Modeller is responsible for helping design and optimise how Bank data is stored, consumed and maintained in the cloud.
- This role is strategically important and must form excellent working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across business lines, IT, EDS and Analytics.
Key skills to be a successful candidate
- Must have practical experience of building physical enterprise scale data models and virtual end-user marts in the cloud, and the ability to advise and collaborate with Data Engineers on designs to innovate and optimise these.
- Be up to date on current data modelling techniques and tooling and modelling patterns and designs.
- Help shape data standards and principles by coming up with practical designs and collaborate on innovative solutions on how to deliver to them.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, with the aptitude to convey complex concepts, principles and designs and ensure they are fully understood.
- Be highly competent in conceptual and logical modelling.
- Be passionate about and be able to communicate the value of the conceptual and logical model to help the business meet its objectives.
- Be pragmatic on where value can be added to business outcomes.
- Understand of current best data governance practices and industry standard expectations of these.
- Ensure Data Quality and assurance solutions are implemented consistently and efficiently across the data platforms and processes running on them
- Be enthusiastic, persuasive and communicate with integrity