The Corporate Enablers technology function provides IT services to multiple business functions like Finance, HR and General Counsel, globally. CFO Technology collaborates with Finance and Procurement stakeholders globally to develop and support of business applications that underpin all core finance processes across FIL. This includes on-premise and SaaS solutions, both in-house built and vendor provided. There is a strong focus on data analytics, workflow and automation tools to bring greater efficiencies to these functions. Together with this there is continued move towards greater use of Agile and DevOps practices. CFO Technology team itself consists of 100+ people based in the UK, China and India
Purpose of your role
· This role requires a hands-on technologist with experience in architecture, solution design and engineering aspects of data warehousing platform
· The role would involve tech solutioning and modelling for complex business requirements for on-prem Oracle data warehouse as well as on Snowflake based data lake solution
- Working with the product owners to identify new improvements, customer requirements and follow through to execution and delivery.
- Design technical solutions to cater to functional, non-functional and operational support requirements and aligned to Global Technology Strategies.
- Definition and implementation of non-functional requirements, caching, monitoring, performance, cost effective designs, quality and testing directions, etc.
- Partner closely with Architecture, Delivery teams, Business and supporting central groups while working within a global team.
- Work with large Infrastructure team for optimized server configuration and software installation needed for a large-scale analytical platform
- Focus on testing and automation & experience in continuous delivery and integration
- Well versed with databases (Oracle, Snowflake, Postgres), database objects and performance optimization features and an advanced SQL skill
- Strong programming Language/scripting concepts - Python, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting, etc.
- Expert Data Modelling skills especially for a large-scale data warehouse platform - data warehousing concepts including NFR management - error handling, auditing, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies with most of the core features - Lambda, API gateway, S3, Athena, RDS, Dynamo DB , SQS, EC2 etc. and good understanding of AWS WAF Frameworks
- Designing and developing efficient and reliable data pipelines using Spark, Python, Glue, etc.
- Good understanding of Security Concepts - encryption, Certificate management, User access and management, including Data Security, Masking, Row and Column level security and general GDPR understanding.
- Strong DevOps engineering background with prior implementations to all stages till production
- Extensive knowledge of BI and Visualization platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, OBIEE, AWS QuickSight or similar reporting tools
- Should be well versed with design patterns & multiple architectural pattern styles.
- Kingswood / Remote
- Up to £850 p/d Inside IR35