DATABASE ENGINEER - ORACLE - DATA PLATFORM UNIT -RETAIL BANKING - UK (REMOTE)
Role: Database Engineer
Salary: £35k basic + market leading benefits
Location: UK (fully remote working)*
*UK based applicants only
Our retail banking client is looking for a keen Database Engineer to join their Data Platform Unit and work with project and release teams to support changes required to existing databases within the estate. The successful candidate will support and problem solve on production databases including undertaking regular checks on the database estate and progressing any subsequent actions required to protect / restore services (in hours and as part of an on-call rota out with core hours) as a priority alongside supporting the databases within one of our testing environments wherever required.
The Database Engineer work closely with other staff from IT Operations and beyond including 3rd parties to ensure the database is estate functions as required alongside collaborating with project and delivery teams to ensure that change within the database environments is managed and controlled effectively and safely.
- Supporting Oracle databases (versions up to and including 19c) and working with SQL databases.
- Supporting a Production database estate.
- Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Cloud Control, Oracle RAC with ASM and Multi-tenancy.
- Undertaking database patching and / or upgrades.
- Oracle RMAN backup and Recovery.
- Oracle Linux, Red Hat Linux, AIX, and Solaris Operating System.
- Oracle Tuning and Optimisation skills.
- RAT and compression.
- Supporting databases residing upon an Exadata appliance (Cloud at customer) including patching and maintenance.
- Golden Gate.
- Awareness of Flashback technologies.
- OCI knowledge / awareness.
If this sounds like your next challenge, please do not hesitate to apply now as we are currently shortlisting!