I am looking for a Deployment analyst for an initial 10 month contract with my client. In this role you would be responsible for the technical deployment and support of applications across all necessary environments to meet the demands of the client's change or service delivery functions. You would also be responsible for technical analysis and integration of IT solutions, using the applicable toolsets whilst safeguarding the integrity of IT environments during implementation activities.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS INSIDE IR35 AND CANNOT SPONSOR
- Responsible for technical implementation/integration of internal and third party products, applications or services across test and production environments.
- Prepare technical implementation document and review the same for other team members.
- Automate or innovate the solutions to minimise the manual interventions.
- Align with timescales of the release management and deliverables assigned by the Deployment Lead to ensure the timely implementation of product & services across test and production environments.
- Accountable for technical transition of business critical software and project releases including platform and technology upgrades on agreed schedules and standards without any incidents.
- Responsible for providing third line support via on-call or remotely as per the client's policies.
- Perform the technical planning for the roll out or decommissioning of IT product/services.
- Working with the release management, change delivery management and operational teams to smoothly handover the Live System to Application Support or Monitoring teams, including operational and workaround documents.
- Support Acceptance Testing of new services and application releases, escalating risks and issues accordingly to prevent service incidents and project blockers.
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement through the development of automated test scripts to streamline the release process and maintain release cadence.
- Represent the team changes at CAB meetings when appropriate.
- Maintain service deployment knowledge on SharePoint library.
- Produce, maintain and improve automated test scripts, deployment scripts and back out scripts.
- Analyse the production incidents and prepare a recovery plan for support teams.
- Provide support within agreed Problem Management and Incident targets.
- Review the test completion reports, technical specification and design documents.
- Support disaster recovery plans preparation, testing and implementation.
- Administration and reporting tasks as requested by the Deployment Manager or Deployment Lead.
- Operate within Client's IT Service Management & release management policy and processes.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft products like Azure Dev Ops, SQL SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Internet Information Services (IIS) and .NET.
- Advanced working knowledge of Control-M or equivalent automated scheduling tools.
- Understanding on networking & firewall principles.
- Advanced working knowledge of Querying Microsoft SQL Server Databases & writing automated PowerShell scripts.
- Working knowledge of Managed file transfer ("MFT") products like Connect Direct/Secure proxy or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in integration of complex or hybrid IT solutions.
- Understanding of release and build methodologies.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the release deployment and build processes.
- Excellent technical & logical troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced in Waterfall and/or Agile environment.
- Experience of working in cloud based environments and DevOps toolset.
- Experience of cross team collaboration and working, with a focus on initiative and innovation as well as being delivery and quality oriented