We are currently seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to support DevOps for various internal business applications. This individual will work effectively under minimal supervision providing technical support within a collaborative environment for our business users. The ideal candidate must be effective at communicating business solutions in a non-technical way.
- Implement and support a Service Mesh and API Gateway in a Kubernetes environment.
- Experience with an on-prem Service Mesh & API Gateway for Kubernetes is a requirement, preferably a product called Istio.
- Applicants without this skill set WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Create and maintain CI/CD Pipelines.
- Develop and maintain application environment automation scripts.
- Design and implement frameworks and tools that will streamline software development and deployment.
- Design and implement source code management practices including branching and code quality strategies.
- 2+ years of experience with an on-prem Service Mesh & API gateway such as Istio is required. Applicants without this skill set WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- 5+ years of experience in creating and managing Kubernetes deployments
- 5+ years of experience in testing, packaging, and deploying applications written in languages like Java, Python, Asp.Net
- 5+ years of experience scripting with Shell, Bash or similar is required.
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or GitLab
Nice To Have
- 2+ years of experience with IT automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience working with on-premises Kubernetes environment
- 2+ years of experience working with package management tools such as pip, conda, maven, npm, and helm