DevOps Engineer - Permanent (Mid-Level: 2-3 years' experience)
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO BE IN AUSTRALIA AND HAVE FULL AUSTRALIAN WORKING RIGHTS
Salary: $120-135k + super + bonus
Start: ASAP - 4 weeks
Location: Melbourne (open to remote working within Australia)
Our client is a renowned Australian technology company based in Melbourne, which prides itself for challenging the status quo and retaining the entrepreneurial spirit. Their Mobile Applications team is looking for a Build Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
The Build Engineer will be a core contributor into the apps team's ability to deliver smoothly and with confidence. As Build Engineer you will be working in collaboration with both the Android and iOS product engineering teams, as a part of the Quality Engineering practice within the Apps Platform domain. In general, the scope of responsibilities can be expected to include the following:
- Manage the CI-CD systems that are used by the Android and iOS teams - ensuring availability, reliability and speed, maintaining compliance with organizational or platform standards and ensuring documentation is kept up to date as the systems evolve.
- Collaborate across the apps domain to conceptualize and build tooling to address pain points and bring improvements to the app delivery workflows.
- Help develop infrastructure and systems that enhance our ability to operate as custodians of the client mobile apps experience, including dashboards, monitoring and integrations with a variety of APIs.
- Advocate for the application of CI-CD systems as a tool for ensuring the quality of apps, and work with the product engineering teams to continuously enhance our test automation capabilities.
- A solid understanding of the role of CI/CD in modern software development, including some dev experience with a recent CI/CD system e.g. Buildkite.
- A degree of fluency in software development, including Git source control, scripting (e.g. Python, shell, Ruby); comfortable with navigating and comprehending Kotlin/Swift codebases and the associated tooling.
- Familiarity with AWS (including Device Farm), infrastructure as code, APIs and Linux/Unix operating environments.
- Curious nature - a great listener, learner; continuously looking at what is possible with the systems and tools at hand.
- Agile mindset - continuous improvement focus, team player
- Comfortable with continuously building your capability in the role.
- Influencing your team by gaining buy-in to trial new or innovative approaches
- Adaptable and flexible - always open to adjusting your approach based on context and dynamics of the situation.
- Ability to break down and troubleshoot problems; but also knowing when to consult for advice.
- Ability to share information and proactively engage with stakeholders and dependent teams
- Good verbal/written communication and great interpersonal skills; comfortable with building and maintaining relationships across teams and domains.
- Familiarity with Android or iOS apps delivery practices
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable.