Director Compliance Business Partner - South Europe & Brazil
Our Client Europe is seeking an experienced Compliance professional to join its Office of Business Integrity & Ethics (OBIE). OBIE is responsible for the development, implementation, oversight, and continuous improvement of our Clients Compliance program. This includes defining standards via policies and procedures, creating and implementing training and communications, conducting auditing and monitoring and other assurance activities, facilitating internal reporting, discretely and professionally conducting compliance-related investigations, and keeping the CEO, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors informed on Compliance matters. OBIE serves as the go-to experts for our Clients employees and external stakeholders on issues relating to their Compliance program and Code of Conduct globally.
The Southern Europe and Brazil (SEB) Compliance Business Partner will serve as the primary Compliance professional supporting the region, which is headquartered in Paris and includes affiliates in Benelux, Brazil, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, and Spain. The SEB Compliance Business Partner will serve on the Regional Leadership Team and be the primary point of contact for strategic and tactical Compliance guidance for regional business colleagues across Commercial, Medical, Clinical, Research, Development, and support functions. The role has one direct report supporting business partnering activities across the region.
The SEB Compliance Business Partner reports to the OBIE Senior Business Partner in International and works closely with other regional Compliance Business Partners to ensure consistent support across International. The role also supports the Global OBIE team in further enhancing and implementing our Compliance program and will provide daily support to our business colleagues to ensure effective implementation and understanding.
The SEB Compliance Business Partner must have deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry regulations, applicable local codes, and anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws and extensive experience working for biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies on these issues. Additionally, the SEB Compliance Business Partner will work collaboratively and strategically with colleagues in OBIE, Legal, and the business to drive a culture of ethics and integrity across Company;s's global organization.
This is a remote eligible role based in France.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and high level of autonomy, self-identify integrity and ethics goals and objectives for the region, and require minimal supervision. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, hands-on, and team-oriented environment where you can have a big impact on the organization, we'd love to speak with you!
- Serve on the SEB Leadership Team and as the point of contact for business colleagues across the region seeking strategic and tactical guidance on matters of Compliance, integrity, and ethics.
- Serve as a trusted thought leader and advisor for regional teams on matters of Compliance, integrity, and ethics.
- Provide Compliance oversight, guidance, and direction for regional business colleagues and identify areas where Compliance input and attention is required.
- Supervise and drive the development of one direct report OBIE business partner.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve third-party risk mitigation in countries across the region, and design data and analytics dashboards in coordination with Global Assurance team.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current and emerging laws, regulations, codes, and recent enforcement actions and inform and educate business colleagues with tailored communications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive fact- and risk-based decision making.
- Help to establish standards and implement procedures to ensure the Compliance program is effective and efficient.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and collaborate frequently with Legal, Human Resources, Internal Audit, and colleagues in other functional areas across SEB, International, and the Global organization.
- Support continuous improvement of the Global Compliance program.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Law degree and/or Compliance professional certifications and experience at a global pharmaceutical or biotechnology company preferred.
- Extensive experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical Compliance focused on healthcare fraud and abuse, regulated pharmaceutical products, specifically including anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws and pharmaceutical regulations and guidance, with in-house experience.
- Strong experience working in cross-border and cross-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and mitigating Compliance risk across Commercial, Medical, and R&D functions.
- Proven successful experience in leading compliance program implementation in the affiliate countries of the SEB region.
- Local experience and understanding of the cultural fundamentals in all of the affiliate countries of the SEB region to successfully navigate and operate in all areas of integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to compliance, integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of time.
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially PPT).
- Proficient English language skills and knowledge of SEB regional languages preferred
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to meet goals given limited supervision; able to exercise sound judgment in balancing risks in ambiguous and complex situations and escalating matters appropriately.
- Strong influencing ability and skills and high level of confidence to navigate global matrix organization.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and understanding risk and providing timely, actionable mitigation guidance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally proactively and pragmatically.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Consummate team player with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Demonstrated superior ability to identify areas for improvement in controls, systems, and processes and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data to analyze information while still seeing the "big picture".
- Confidence and professionalism to handle difficult conversations and discretion on sensitive matters.
- Experience executing and improving Compliance operations, including policies, procedures, stakeholder engagements, and external funding.
- Experience with multiple reporting lines and cross-functional project teams.
- Understanding of and exposure to other control functions, such as Legal, Privacy, Assurance, and Investigations.
Client is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.