Director of Immunology in the Pharmaceutical industry based in US Texas
Our Client is seeking a Full Time Director for their Immunology Department to support their team. This position will work in Houston, Texas and will lead a team of scientists and associates responsible for the creation and discovery of new therapeutic candidates for immune-oncology diseases.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
* Lead Immunology team to perform hands-on preclinical research in the development of Adoptive Cell Therapies.
* Responsible for program related, scientific and operational objectives.
* Develop multiparametric analyses of immune cell functions, data analysis and interpretation.
* Design rigorous experiments, interpret data, and communicate findings in well-articulated presentations.
* Develop and qualify assays that complement the organization's platforms through understanding of immune response in patients taking part in clinical studies.
* Produce data to publish in peer-reviewed publications and present in scientific meetings.
* Manage cross-functional projects according to business priorities and within desired timelines and to budget.
- University degree in immunology, immune-oncology, or natural sciences.
- 3 to 5 years of leadership experience in the strategic planning incl. working knowledge in experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Comfortable working at a global level in a highly matrixed environment. Excellent interdisciplinary and international communication and moderation skills.
- Well versed in immunological functional assays and molecular and cell biology techniques (FACS, ELISA, RT-PCR, Immunostaining), experience in gene editing techniques a plus.
- Proven track record of scientific excellence as demonstrated by publications/patents.
- Proven ability to innovate across business processes and to implement solutions in cross-functional teams.
- Your motivation is driven by the passion for your work. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
- You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.