A key member of the Business Finance team supporting both Operations & Commercial teams delivering circa £200m of infrastructure projects in Scotland and North of England.
As part of the regional management team your responsibilities will include financial & risk management, strategic development support, driving performance and internal controls. You will be directly providing financial expertise and guidance on financial reporting, risk management, cash & working capital, business systems & processes and internal control whilst also supporting key change management initiatives.
- Leadership Support - build relationships and improve collaboration with divisional leadership teams demonstrating strong understanding of project & divisional financial performance and associated key divisional risks & opportunities.
- Reporting and Analysis - develop and maintain reporting to support business decisions and risk mitigation, key areas being P&L, cash and orderbook.
- Financial Reviews - Providing challenge and support as part of the Senior Leadership during monthly and quarterly financial reviews
- Month End - Achievement of month-end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records and internal controls. Ensure strict adherence to revenue recognition policy and processes throughout
- Budgeting and Forecasting - timely and accurate completion of budgets and forecasts with comprehensive trend and KPI analysis including management of financial risk and opportunity registers.
- Cash management - co-ordinate project cash flow forecasts with monthly WIP and debt reviews to improve/maintain working capital.
- Rate Management - periodic review of internal CTE rates and external sales rates in line with commercial agreements. Exploring cost recovery opportunities through different costing methods.
- Financial Modelling & Bids - Work closely with key business partners to create and maintain key financial and scenario based models which support strategic business decisions. E.g. key customer/framework bids.
- Other responsibilities - supporting ad-hoc projects and initiatives as required (eg: system development, JV set-up, tender support and internal/external audit processes).
- Team Management - Direct responsibility for the management and development of direct reports such as Project Accountants.
- Qualified Accountant (preferably CIMA)
- Experience of providing financial support to operational managers in a project environment (Business Partnering) preferably in Construction/Engineering with proven track record in previous role(s)
- Experience of team management
- Experience of change management
- Experience of financial risk management
- Experience of applying financial governance
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills - able to deliver persuasive arguments
- Analytical, proactive, highly motivated and enthusiastic with good attention to detail
Desirable systems experience (not essential) SAP