Full Stack Engineer - 12 month Contract - Houston
Location: Houston, TX (on-site).
Rate: $60-70/ hour
Length: 12 months initially
This position will work as part of a software engineering team building new solutions, enhancements, and defect fixes. This includes providing technical assistance to other team members and IT peers, deliver coded solutions for enhancements and new functionality. The individual will be responsible for contributing to technical designs, technical development, testing, and implementation support.
- Estimates development times, deliver technical designs, and plan individual deliverable work.
- Develop functionality with a focus on quality and assuring proper unit and integration test coverage.
- Collaborate with QA team to support test plans and execution.
- Prepare and present status updates for current work tasks, share any blocking items, and provide expected completion dates of work items.
- Assist architects and leads with technical specifications and develop solutions in support of business requirements.
- Work directly with team members and business analysts to understand new/changing business requirements and functional enhancements as requested. This includes delivering high-value technical solutions in support of changing business requirements and initiatives.
- Proficient knowledge of Power BI, Git, and SQL Server.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices, Scrum, Kanban, and backlog management systems.
- Experience in Information Technology specific to application development and support
- 5+ years of experience developing and supporting SQL-based applications is required.
- Hands-on experience of commercial energy transportation systems (contracts, tariffs, scheduling, ticketing, balancing, invoicing, reporting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable) is preferred.