We are currently supporting hiring for a leading Renewables client that has a need for an Early Stage Project Manager.
This would be an initial contract term of 12 months, and would be based in Juno Beach, FL.
- Responsible for managing the early stage project support and daily coordination of Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain and Construction resources through the pre-construction (Early Stage) activities for utility/universal scale (20+MW) solar PV and battery storage within the Engineering and Construction Division (E&C).
- Duties include the critical coordination of highly matrixed project development teams to ensure resources are focused on the right early stage activities and to ensure projects moving to the construction stage of development can be turned over to the construction Project Manager with an executable construction plan (including schedule, budget, risks & mitigations, etc.).
- Day to day activities as the Early Stage Project Manager include coordinating engineering, estimating and procurement teams, development of the project's technical scope, coordinating with other project leads for environmental/regulatory permitting, land acquisition, interconnection support, scheduling, etc.
- Competitively source, select and contract geotechnical, survey, engineering and construction services.
- Support the construction cost estimating team with assumptions and delivering financial model inputs to the respective business unit. Generally responsible for representing the E&C's interest on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
- This position is not responsible for the site based construction management.
- Current portfolio of projects is within the State of Florida. Some travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or business with experience in related engineering and construction of renewable energy projects.
- Excellent project management, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position is responsible for the overall management of assigned organization and projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, regulatory, and safety goals.
- They work collaboratively in a matrix organization to support all preliminary design, permitting and agency approvals to provide the best value for the customer for all assigned projects.
- Employees in this role coordinate preconstruction activities performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site.
- Successful candidates manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, and contract construction projects for a successful turnover to the on-site project team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with resources in a matrix organization to determine project priorities and work plans
- Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
- Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support for design and permitting activities
- Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed prior to construction
- Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
- Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years