A leading medical technology company is seeking an Engineer I to apply knowledge of technical principles and systems/procedures to maintain and optimize CC legacy products. This Engineer I position would be completely onsite in the company's Irvine, CA facility on an initial 12 month contract basis!
- Test, and/or improve products by developing moderately complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols)
- Analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles
- Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering drawings/prototypes, etc. to establish/ characterize product and/or process specifications
- Create/update portions of design control documents including requirement specs and risk documents
- Assign R+D support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
- Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Previous experience working with lab or industrial equipment required (if applicable)
- Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Knowledge of and adherence to our Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 1-3 years' experience required.
- Standard office hours, potential of overtime but not likely to exceed 5 hours.
If you feel that you are the right person for the role, apply with a recent resume!