My client is one of the leading Fintech companies within Australia. They are undertaking a large digital transformation where your day-to-day tasks will include the responsibilities of a Full Stack Developer as well as managing the team. As a Developer you'll work on designing and implementing backend business logic and exposing it through REST API. You will also be responsible for the overall project structure/architecture and its new features. You will also have an opportunity to integrate it with frontend frameworks such as React and GraphQL. As Engineering Lead, you will guide a team of up to 4 Developers and help them grow by setting personal & technical goals and assisting in achieving them. This will be a hands on technical leadership role where you will also conduct evaluation of your changes.
- Have at least 3 years of commercial experience in Node.js development
- Strong experience designing and developing cloud native software (AWS/Lambda/DynamoDB/CloudFormation etc)
- Be able to create software in a modern software development language (ReactJS, NodeJS)
- Have experience with at least one Nodejs frameworks
- Experience in working with and designing REST APIs
- Ability to design schemas with at least one databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Basic DevOps knowledge: Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience in mentoring or teaching other people
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager or Team Leader
- Previous experience giving feedback and experience in code review
- Experience conducting technical interviews during the recruitment process
- Experience conducting evaluation meetings
- Strong understanding of JS framework (React, Angular, Vue)
- Have the ability to write unit tests (Karma/Jasmine, Jest)
What's on offer?
- All new feature development
- Cutting edge technology stack
- Flexible working culture: working remotely until further notice
- Friendly, fun & motivated working environment
If you would like to discuss further, please apply and we will contact you asap for a confidential discussion!