Engineering Technician 3
*Assigned to projects for US Government Agency/Department clients. Candidate must be a US Citizen*
Overland Park, KS
6 Month Contract
- Functions in a mid-level engineering technician capacity.
- Under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables.
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Black and Veatch Quality Program
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills
- Preferably experience with Autodesk Revit and Bluebeam software
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.