A leading Biotechnology company in San Diego, CA are hiring for an Equipment Engineer (Mfg.) to join their team, developing and implement procedures to reduce or eliminate sources of systematic equipment failures and assist in the construction of new instruments. This is an initial 6-month contract role located onsite in San Diego, CA, paying a highly competitive rate with eligibility for overtime.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A skilled Equipment Engineer with at least 2-4 years of industry experience.
- Advanced electronics trouble-shooting and reading of schematics.
- Understand component level failures in large instruments.
- Experience with semiconductor equipment and fab best practices.
- Working knowledge of lasers/laser-optics/electro-optics/electronics or related technical field.
- Experience with PLC software.
- Experience sourcing instrument components from non-OEM suppliers.
- Bachelors degree required.
If you are available and meet the above requirements, please apply ASAP with your latest resume to be considered.