The Finance Business Partner works alongside management to support the delivery of the Renewables business objectives, including understanding the drivers of long-term profitability to facilitate decision making in areas such as strategy and capital expenditure priorities. The Finance Business Partner provides managers with insightful financial and performance analysis and ensures that finance processes are delivered efficiently.
· Partner with business areas and deliver pertinent analysis to improve their financial performance on spaces such as cash flow and profitability.
· Constructively challenge the business and provide innovative solutions to lead to financial and operational improvements being made.
· Manage the relationship between the Finance department and business areas to ensure that the needs of both areas are mutually understood and processes are delivered efficiently.
· Support risk management by ensuring business risks are recorded, assessed and monitored (including mitigations).
· Assist the development of financial forecasts for partnered business areas and ensure the forecasts are reviewed on a regular basis.
· Represent Renewables Finance in M&A activities and lead on the integration of any subsequent assets from on boarding to BAU.
· Understand and analyse external economic trends, including the impact on Renewables and recommend actions to meet new opportunities and threats.
· Represent Renewable Finance in key meetings with other business departments, Renewable Executive and external parties.
· Deliver documentation on the team's key processes to ensure compliance (e.g. integrity and assurance on project costs).