Hydrogen Group's retail client are currently looking for a finance orientated Project Manager for a contract role. The role is for an initial 6 months with potential extensions after that time. The role sits inside IR35 and is paying up to £800 per day.
The company work a hybrid work pattern and there would be an expectation to be onsite 2 to 3 days per week. The office is located in Welwyn Garden City.
The successful Project Manager will lead the delivery of strategic Finance projects to ensure successful delivery of the change agenda through the definition, design and delivery of a project, within a wider programme or portfolio of change. The successful Project Manager will be working in partnership with the Business, Finance and IT, and wider Group functions to understand the requirements for change and support the delivery.
· Lead the development of a finance change project to realise the key capability requirements of the future operating model, with a 1-to-3-year delivery horizon
· Work in collaboration with project sponsors and other key stakeholders within the business to ensure shared ownership for the delivery of project outcomes; in particular with Finance to ensure financial reporting of project benefits
· Co-ordinate the definition and delivery of detailed business requirements through collaboration with the business, Technology, and other 3rd parties
· Take ownership for key project deliverables (such as the plan and budget) across the project lifecycle
Key skills required to be successful
· Hands-on PM experience in delivering finance projects
· 5+ years' experience as Project Manager
· Finance and Tech Project delivery experience
· Managing Projects with Budgets up to c£5m
· Has delivered E-2-E Projects from initiation, delivery, to release and handover
· Preferably a Project Management Professional accreditation i.e. APM, Prince2, SAFe, Agile
· Experience of large corporate financial budgeting and planning processes.
· Prior experience working within projects heavily aligned with Technology
· Strong Stakeholder skills