Financial Controller | 12-month FTC | Big 4 trained | Real Estate
We are looking for a Financial Controller with previous experience within real estate to join a Global Leader in the property market, who are going through an exciting growth phase. This is a 12-month FTC with an immediate start.
This role is responsible for external investor and lenders, capital and distribution management, investment accounting, asset acquisitions and disposals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investor and lender reporting of portfolios, including monitoring and documenting reporting requirements
- Ownership of capital and return management of the portfolios for new and existing investors
- Ownership of asset/portfolio acquisition and disposals, covering management of relationship with external advisors, engagement with deal teams, review and input on SPAs, input of purchase price mechanisms, review of acquisition accounting
- Business partnering with internal teams
- Lead annual audit process with external preparers of financial statements
- Management of relationships with outsourced investment accounting providers
- Final review of the annual planning and budgeting process
- Process accounting memos for corporate transactions and new reporting standards
- Assistance with the investment property valuation process
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with several years post-qualified experience within the real estate sector
- Previous experience with financial accounting and property management software (Yardi)
- Thorough understanding of UK Companies and off-shore SPV structures
- Knowledge of UK and off-shore tax compliance
- Strong IFRS and UK GAAP skills
- Experience of engaging and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with off-shore real estate structures.
Please apply ASAP if you feel you hit the above criteria, and are available immediately.