Salary guidelines £50-60K plus bonus and benefits
An exciting, rapid growth, online retail technology disruptor is looking to hire an FP&A analyst to join a small growing finance team. Based in central London.
In 2020 the business grew 10 fold despite the pandemic and multiple macro headwinds are are forecasting similar growth this year.
As the FP&A analyst you will be both strategic and hands-on in your approach. You will work collaboratively with the component teams acros three countries to ensure a strong and financially scalable vision for the business.You must be eager to take on a broad remit of work with no two days being the same.
- Supporting the Finance Manager on conducting the financial planning & analysis of the UK based Technology function, including monthly reporting, driving transparency and value for money thinking
- Support the Finance team on the strategic financial planning process ensuring all 5-year plans, budgets and forecasts are undertaken with full business engagement and delivered in an accurate and insightful fashion
- Contribute meaningfully to quarterly forecast and budget planning cycles, including coordinating with all stakeholders, providing inputs, and preparing relevant deliverables
- Assist the management team for board and investor presentations and key analysis requests
- Group financial consolidation, and preparation of monthly reporting for management and investors
- Input into the month end P&L review meetings by understanding and challenging figures
- Preparation of group consolidated and UK entity statutory accounts under IFRS
- Day-to-day transactional financial processes including invoicing and accounts payable
- Build trusted partnership with the business to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions.
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes, controls and reports
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze operating and financial results for the three financial statements, including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances
- Provide business partnering and ad hoc support to the the CFO and senior leadership team whilst establishing strong and effective relationships.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Ideally big 4 qualified
- Work experience in finance, preferably in a multi-national / multi-currency environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint
- Strong business acumen
- Experience of reporting period management accountant, analysis and commentary
- Experience with financial statement analysis and a knowledge of corporate finance concepts
- Bias for action - be agile, test-learn and iterate
- Manage and prioritise workload and work towards multiple deadlines
- Outstanding excel and financial modelling, together with demonstrated capabilities building financial forecasts
- Experience of preparing presentations in powerpoint & reports for board / investor meetings and senior management
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convey financial information simply, coherently and presenting key messages clearly
- The passion and capability to analyze business processes and operations and understand the key drivers, levers and their impacts on the wider performance
- Impeccable attention to detail and exceptional communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- A resourceful problem solver who loves a challenge and thrives under pressure
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment