Grad or Junior level Fraud, Data & Control Analyst roles available at a global Financial Services Institution (very large/well known name). Multiple hires are needed. Must already have right to work in the UK.
Roles based in Northampton, firm currently all working remotely but will return to some office-based working over the next few months (Covid permitting)
We can consider Graduates (ideally with a numerical based degree) who have some knowledge/experience with coding (ideally SASS or SQL) that they have either learnt themselves, during education or from an internship - this will give you the base level of knowledge you need to learn the tools, systems & ways of working for this role.
You'll also need to be quite obviously passionate about Data, and want to work in a Data intensive environment.
If you already have some hands on experience working with Data, Fraud or even both for anywhere up to a couple of years, that is also ideal. The firm are happy to teach people about Card Fraud specifically, but if you have prior experience in this you would be ticking all of the boxes!
What will you be doing?
* Undertaking investigational analysis on cases from different areas to help determine root causes
* Taking responsibility for the production of governance and reporting to assist the management of the fraud payments issuing portfolio
* Developing, interpreting and presenting reports to operational and Senior Managers on quality performance, providing regular reports to highlight issues
* Building accessible data for analysis, maintaining, enhancing and creating data marts to enhance granular reporting
* Optimising and maintaining the company's Fraud's data and control environment, supporting data initiatives across the portfolio including migration to SAS Grid and Hadoop
* Performing agreed controls and checks to ensure the business adheres to fraud procedures
* Assessing the impact on change both driven internal and external to fraud and the impact this could have on the operational teams
* Supporting and driving local continuous improvement initiatives to enhance processes, controls etc.
What we're looking for:
* Proficiency in performing data analysis utilising a standard statistical package such as SAS (preferred) or SPSS
* A clear understanding of the methods underlying predictive modelling
* Completion of a degree in a numerate or semi-numerate subject or equivalent relevant work experience
* The ability to deliver against complex data projects from inception through to completion
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Experience in the financial industry: ideally within a card environment with knowledge of the Fraud operating environments
* Communication and persuasion skills with the ability to think quickly and package ideas and results in a logical, understandable and compelling way
* A passion for adding value to the business through the production of empirically sounding policies and approaches
* A passion for data and modelling, and how this contributes to the business
Please don't hesitate to click apply if you believe that you could meet the above criteria.