My client is one of the most well-known financial services companies in Australia. Our client is currently looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their technology team.
Candidate can be based anywhere in Australia.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Design and implement scalable, secure and resilient software that deliver to business requirements.
- Work and collaborate within agile teams and participate in team planning, estimation, reviews, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Design and implement software components across the technology stack including mobile, web, API, serverless, data and AWS components
- Deliver high quality solutions using TDD approaches that include sufficient automated functional and non-functional tests
- Create CICD automation workflows to allow continuous improvement and low-risk changes of solutions
- Ensure that security is designed and embedded in software solutions
- Ensure operational excellence by engineering reliability, manageability and monitoring into solutions
- Create, communicate and enforce software engineering standards and best practices
- Coach and mentor team members where appropriate to improve overall team performance
- Keep abreast of new approaches, technologies and best practices in engineering and AWS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required experience, understanding or credentials including:
- 7+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience across the technology stack including UI, API, server and serverless, data and infrastructure
- Experience delivering within Agile teams with good working knowledge of Agile development methodologies, values and procedures
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping and data mapping.
- Demonstrable experience and deep working knowledge of Restful service design best practice
- Demonstrable experience delivering cloud (AWS) solutions, specifically cloud-native and serverless solutions
- Hands on experience with CICD pipelines including build automation, continuous Integration, version control and other related technologies (e.g. Git, GitHub, AWS Code* or similar)
- Strong understanding of QA techniques like code review, unit testing, integration testing, TDD
- Experience with infrastructure operations and security desirable, using DevOps and DevSecOps approaches to ensure operational excellence of solutions
- Previous experience collaborating with other engineers and supporting their development through coaching, mentoring, peer-reviews etc
- Desirable AWS experience - Lambda, API Gateway, StepFunctions, S3, Code*, DynamoDB and RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, VPC, EC2, CloudFormation