A leading Medical Device company in Irvine, CA is actively seeking a general labourer (shift 2) is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labour.
*Salary range between $15-17/hr depending on experience*.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years' experience required.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and pre-cut lumber.
- Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.