Global Commercial Excellence Lead
The Global Commercial Operations Excellence role is accountable for developing and overseeing the approach, delivery, and communication of all global sales operations, sales administations, marketing operations capabilities at Company / Company Oncology.
This leader will will have accountabilities for all activities related to Sales Operations including: data acquisition and quality, technology infrastructure ( CRM, PRC, online reporting tools, and Omnichannel marketing), targeting and segmentaion, KPI and reporting development, incentive compensation, field force sizing, territory alignment, field force effectiveness, business planning, GDPR data compliance, and training.
Sales Administration activities including: roster management, postal code to territory mapping and management, expense tracking, new hire / termination check list management, field facing warehouse and fulfillment management, Company online training management, budget tracking, CRM helpdesk.
Marketing Operations activities including: supporting Omnichannel marketing through data, technology, list management, KPI, targeting and segmentation.
The position will manage and coordinate all vendors for the above activities.
The Senior Director will interact with global and in-country Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Market Access, GM's, IT, Compliance, Legal and other Commercialization functions within Company / Company Oncology. The leader will be a core member of the Global Commercial Operations leadership team and interact frequently with senior commercial leadership and officer level positions at Company / Company Oncology.
This role requires strong leadership, strategic and analytical thinking, exceptional communication skills, and a collaborative and a results-oriented mindset. Success in this role will require a collaborative mindset and having hands on experience in Oncology and Hematology therapeutic categories as well as rare / ultra-rare disease experience. This will be an extremely hands on role as complementary functions within the Global Commercial Operations organization are onboarded. This position will report directly to the Senior Director Global Field Operations.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in leading senior level discussions related to commercial or field force strategy in order to develop, advise and execute commercial engagements.
- Establishes, monitors and reports KPIs, and takes proactive action to continuously strive for improvement.
- Manages operations: Commercial strategy design (New launch / indication expansion, Go-to-Market, field force Segmentation & targeting); Field strategy implementation (Territorial structure design & personnel placement; Incentive plan & goal setting design; Ad-hoc commercial projects based on local business challenges identified through assessments and / or benchmarking.
- Partner with extended Commercial team and other groups in Global and US to secure best practices in Business Analytics, Field force Operations, Data, GDPR compliance, etc.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Attributes
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in sales, field force operations; hematology and oncology marketplace knowledge.
- Experience within a start-up pharmaceutical company in hematology and oncology preferred.
- Global launch experience.
- Extensive understanding of pharma data sources internal and external and GDPR and consent management requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft office with experience developing and using excel based models. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Highly capable in analyzing/ processing/ internalizing multiple datasets from various internal and external sources.
- Experience with incentive compensation and forecasting principles.
- Experience with administering business systems and process, including CRM system (knowledge of salesforce.com and OCE is a plus), customer master data, data warehousing, and other business intelligence concepts and tools.
- Strong attention to detail, project management and problem solving skills.
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to work independently with internal customers to gather requirements and establish delivery timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to concisely and confidently articulate analytical findings.
- Knowledge of global pharmaceutical practices