Graduate Consultants - Data Modelling
Salary: $60-70k + super (training and certifications provided for free)
Location: Sydney (flexible working)
Experience level: 0-2 years (open to part time work if not yet completed studies)
Our client is a small consulting company dedicated to helping Australia improving economic and social outcomes from better data.
Improved data management can reduce community isolation, improve outcomes for people with disability, point the way to a better education system, alter people's minds on approaching deep social issues. Data is a new resource utility to the community that is fundamental as water, electricity, transportation or the internet.
Data Architecture and Data Modelling is changing. Moving away from sourced from IT skills, we are looking for specialists in language and organisation. We are looking for deep conceptual thinkers who can separate different things and merge similar things in their heads.
You first discovered this when you played with blocks as a toddler. All the same colour blocks were put in the same place or maybe one of each colour were arranged in stacks in the same order. You sorted dolls by size. You needed order in your life. You needed order in your language.
You might have gone onto a degree in the Arts (English or languages) or Psychology, but are now searching for a slightly different path.
We are looking for recent graduates or students in their last semester who can offer our client close to full-time availability.
Your day to day duties will include:
· Support the teams outcomes through the manipulation and analysis of large data sets to identify trends, inconsistencies and priorities.
· Maintain data integrity and accuracy.
· Adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
What you'll need to succeed
· Fast independent learner
· Prior experience in high level data analysis
· Well developed problem solving skills
· High attention to detail
· A customer focused and service-oriented mindset
· Strong communication and administration skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
· Creative and innovative thinking.
· Willingness to get involved in everything data-related for the team, new projects, research, automation of tasks, reporting, BI and much more.
· Proficient in the use of SQL and/or SAS (optional)