About our Client:
My client is one of the financial leading companies in ANZ region. They are continuing their data journey and are looking to hire a Head of Data Engineering for their Sydney Office.
An experienced Head of Data Engineering to the develop and design the strategy and delivery pipeline for their Technology team.
- Experience in designing, building and leading teams. Ability to manage diverse stakeholders within the across the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent stakeholder management, oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Experience in managing teams in building and scaling microservices, front-to-back, in a public cloud setting, with AWS preferred
- Proven ability to lead big data and software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Strong analytics capabilities, can make sense of large sets of data, provide analytics insight and imagination, generate insights to improve the business, and strive for impact.
- Expertise in managing high volume campaign environment including appropriate governance and control frameworks
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses and data visualization.
- Deep understanding of statistics, statistical methods, and can apply these. Ability to translate complex analysis through clear, simple communication which any internal partner can understand and engage in.
- Current or historical hands on experience in:
- SQL or other programming languages
- Data preparation approaches
- R, Python, Spark, Hadoop, SAS
- Master's or Doctorate degree in computer science, data science, data engineering, statistics, econometrics, or a related quantitative field.
- MBA or Management consulting experience desirable
The Successful candidate
With both permanent and contract positions available we encourage candidates with skills in the above area to contact the team at Hydrogen for confidential discussions. We are seeking intellectually capable, personable and change driven individuals who want to be part of a market leading consulting organization. First class communication skills in both the written and verbal form will be required.
What's on offer?
The opportunity to work with world class thought leaders in the digital transformation, Big data, Data science, RPA and AI space. International and local career progression.