The team leverages a blend of scientific, problem solving, and quantitative skills to develop and deliver cutting-edge methods addressing critical problems in the R&D environment.
As the Head of Healthcare Analytics, you will lead and direct the team focused on developing solutions for some of our most challenging problems.
You will not only provide technical leadership, guiding research and applications of quantitative methods, but will also provide direct supervision, mentorship, support, guidance, oversight, project management and recruitment of your team.
The team works on an evolving and flexible portfolio of challenges, including:
- Understanding the patient journey in real world data to optimize patient treatment pathways
- Working with drug project teams to find the right sites/investigators in which to run a clinical trial
- Researching and developing Machine learning models on multi-modal data to identify digital biomarkers further our understanding of disease
- Developing advanced visualisation and visual analytics of routinely collected healthcare data
As the leader of the team, you will be accountable for the development and execution of the informatics strategy and strategic alignment across R&D to ensure that the team contributes to meeting and exceeding objectives, and delivers maximum value and return on investment. You will lead and oversee the identification of new technologies, informatics capabilities, and most importantly, develop strong relationships across R&D to develop and deliver collaborative projects impacting the drug pipeline.
- Leverage expertise in Real World Data (EHR, claims, registries and observational data) to drive development and adoption of Industry leading comprehensive methods, advanced analytics and capabilities as components of an Informatics strategy.
- Lead and advise global R&D RWD strategy
- Build a capability that becomes a source of sustained competitive advantage in identifying, acquiring, integrating and mining diverse RWE data from multiple geographic and healthcare system sources to support evidence generation and real-world studies
- Act as authority in Informatics decision making processes, and advise strategic programmes on appropriate Informatics approaches and strategies
- Drive the delivery of a portfolio life-cycle of informatics, programmes, projects and services to maximise effective use of scientific information in the discovery and development business
- Lead academic / cross-industry projects to advance the state-of-the-art. and publish work to ensure that the Company drives the data science agenda in the pharmaceutical industry
- Create a positive team climate of continuous improvement and recruit, lead, develop and motivate staff to achieve objectives
- Lead multi-disciplinary informatics/data science projects with cross-functional teams
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of external RWE data sources, and evaluate potential partners for advancing the data strategy for a given therapeutic area
- Engage key partners and build innovative informatics capability to meet key partners' needs and address their key challenges
- MSc degree in rigorous quantitative science (such as epidemiology, information sciences, mathematics, computer science, engineering)
- Extensive hands-on experience applying RWE data science tools in practice across a multitude of projects
- Expertise with clinical data standards, medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies used in healthcare data and ontologies
- Recognised as an informatics/ISA expert with proven ability to influence strategic decision making. Also recognized externally with multiple published papers and/or patents
- Practical software development and analytics skills in standard data science tools (such as R or python)
- Experience developing novel data science methodologies and delivering them into the business
- Advanced communication, business analysis, and consultancy skills
- Delivery of data science projects with significant impact
- Experience of influencing and controlling budgets
- PhD degree in rigorous quantitative science (such as epidemiology, information sciences, mathematics, computer science, engineering)
- MD in medical/health informatics, epidemiology or a related scientific discipline
- Experience and wide reputation within the pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth experience of working in a global organization with complex/geographical context
- Contribution to external open source projects
- Strong track record of delivering large, cross functional projects