Salary guideline only £100K-130K plus Bonus and Benefits.
An exciting, rapidly growing, mature start up, PE backed, Financial Services Company, is looking to appoint a high calibre Head of Internal Audit. Reporting to the Chair of the audit committee and CEO.
With ambitious growth plans, the Head of Internal Audit will play an important role in providing independent assurance to the board and senior management on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance across the organisation.
This is a diverse business, with significant complexity, which requires a strong intellectual base and a hands-on approach. This will be a high impact, high profile position as the company is about to embark upon an exciting period of growth and transformation as they prepare for further investors, banking licenses, due diligence processes and a potential future IPO.
- You will be required to Lead and build the in-house internal audit function.
- Manage the transition from an out-sourced arrangement to a co-sourced model.
- Scope the audit universe and specifying a proposal for the internal audit approach to be considered and approved by the Audit Committee.
- Preparing documentation in respect of Internal Audit plus over arching attestation work for the Regulatory Business plan as the business goes through its application for a banking licence.
- Assess the degree of co sourced support that will be required based on the skills and resources available in the context of the audit plan.
- Determine the resources required to support the internal audit approach.
- Audit experience with a mid to large accountancy firm or Internal Audit experience in a UK banking environment
- Financial Services and retail banking experience including strong regulatory understanding and exposure.
- IIA guidance on effective Internal Audit in Financial services.
- Highly analytical, able to work with both low levels of detail and a 'big picture' organisation-wide perspective and think critically
- Strong leadership and team management capabilities
- Have proven leadership capabilities
- Clear, effective and persuasive communication skills - ability to balance assertiveness with need to build and maintain internal relationships
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and laterally to provide solutions to complex problems/issues
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a financial services company, in an influential position, at the start of the next stage in its growth.