Who we are...
We're global, we're growing and we're going to need the talent to keep up the pace. We're making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, in over 90 currencies. We've been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message.
There are almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new people. We've got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they're open for business but right now lots of us are working from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on…
About the role…
This is a growing team, so you will need to be a hands-on leader that will help us build a high-performing team, and deliver our ambitious roadmap of commercially driven projects.
Data, Insight, and Analytics is an integral part of our business and you will build and lead a team of Data Scientists and Analysts to deliver impactful data-driven solutions to some of our trickiest product problems. This role will have a huge impact on the business.
As a senior product leader, you will instill a data-driven approach into the broader organization and build a team that helps our product reach its potential.
On the technical side, you will be working with a wide variety of technologies (e.g. Tableau, SQL, Fivetran, DBT, Python, or R…), data sets, and techniques to drive real business value. You'll need to be comfortable choosing the right tool for the job.
Reporting to the Product Director, you will:
- Hire, develop, retain, and manage an ambitious team of results-driven data scientists and analysts
- Champion the use of data to derive commercial insights and drive action, ensuring customer and marketing trends are at the heart of every business decision
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders across the entire business to prioritize and translate business questions into solutions
- Identify opportunities for improvement of the core product through data - analysis, AB testing, tracking, and creation of self-serve tools
- Present results back to the business in a structured, data-driven manner - simplifying complex concepts for non-technical audiences
- An ability to see the bigger picture: a problem-solving approach that gets to the underlying business questions, using a variety of data sources and information
- Passion for learning, able to quickly adopt new business concepts and technologies
- Independent, curious, and likes to take initiative
What we're looking for from you…
- Extensive experience in analytics, ideally within a B2C market. Experience in international markets and/or fast-growing companies would be a bonus!
- Strong experience managing and building a high performing team
- Very strong SQL skills, able to handle complex data structures from multiple sources (Redshift, Snowflake, etc) and different areas (digital, transactional, marketing…)
- Experience with forecasting and analyzing large datasets using a coding language of your choice, or willingness to learn (e.g. R, Python)
- Comfortable working with customer analytics (churn, customer lifetime value models, segmentation…)
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools, with a preference for Tableau
What you'll get from us
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- Life assurance worth 3 x your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Private medical and dental care plans
- Cycle to work scheme