Head of Web Development - Fintech - London - Up to £130,000 Plus Benefits
Rapidly Growing Fintech are looking for a Head of Web Development to join the digital delivery team. They are building a world class engineering team, enabled by great technology and people. You will be responsible for setting and leading the development technology, hiring and developing teams and supporting their successful delivery.
Required is a passion for technology and how software should be built along with a focus on innovation and building products that make a difference.
1. Make our technology great
· Define, communicate and lead the development technology used.
· Thought leadership in technology direction that is measured not just in the communication of ideas but in practical creation of technology (e.g. demonstrate how new frameworks can be created through producing working software)
· Support the culture of innovation through promoting new ideas and mentoring innovation time and Hackathons
2. Build and enable a great development team (5 Direct Reports / 25+ People Total)
· Recognise that of primary importance is that our developers are enabled to build great technology (understanding what is needed and providing the leadership)
· Manage the performance of the team, develop high performance and take action for low performance
· Build the team, understand what skills are needed and develop and hire people to achieve this
· Provide leadership that promotes our expertise in technology through internal Guilds, external Meet Ups, speaking at Conference
3. Ensure the delivery of technology
· Ensure the technology delivered meets the required standards / frameworks and it fit for purpose
· Actively promote technology that provides delivery agility through clearly decoupled architectures and full automation to production
· Provide technical decision making where required / act as an escalation point in support of development teams
· Maintain a culture of delivery focus across the teams by creating urgency, focus and ensuring business goals are met
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
To qualify for this truly unique opportunity applicants must possess:
· Recent hands on experience in Front End Development Specifically React (+Node.js).
· Very strong technician, coming from a development background and willing to be hands-on (this is not a developer role, but the skills and ability to do so (POC /R&D) are required) - Delivering Web Designs / Architectures
· Experience Managing and developing large and rapidly growing Teams.
· Experience of agile software development methodologies, such as SCRUM + Strong experience in CI/CD and the required tools and technology approach
· Experience of working with PaaS based architectures, ideally Azure, including full automation of builds and deployment
· Experience in distributed version control systems (e.g. Git). Specific experience is required in either git flow or trunk based development
· An advanced understanding of the principles of digital software design and architecture
· Excellent understanding of current and upcoming Web Programming technologies, software and architecture
· Strong experience on designing digital infrastructure platforms, preferably on Microsoft Azure
· Good understanding of secure coding and cloud platform security
· Broad understanding of Digital Marketing, SEO, SEM, UX, Digital Analytics, Digital Content + Creative
· Experienced in recruiting talent and building up new teams
· Experience in FinTech businesses
· Experience in consumer lending or Credit Card issuing
· Experience in managing technology operations, especially devops
· Consulting experience in digital strategy, user Experience and/or interaction design
· R&D and technology innovation
This is a truly outstanding opportunity that offers successful Head of Web Development applicants unrivalled technical challenge, career progression and earnings potential.