Contract length: 12 months
Pay Rate: $40 - $45 hrly
Histotechnician Job Responsibilities:
* Perform histotechniques with exceptional precision, including tissue intake, embedding, FFPE/FF tissue sectioning, routine H&E staining, and mounting of research specimens.
* Utilize outsourcing to carry out large volume histology services to offset internal workload.
* Prepare solutions, stains, and reagents in accordance with standard lab practices.
* Perform routine H&E staining on slides.
* Perform and monitor inventory of supplies and reagents used and place orders for replenishment.
* Assess the integrity of tissue blocks and evaluate how much tissue is remaining in block.
Tissue Biosample Management Job Responsibilities:
* Act as point of contact for receiving and returning of specimens from Biobanking and Sample Management Lab according to standard practice.
* Register, Store, and Retrieve samples from internal block management system.
* Accession samples in the inventory database.
* Assist in cataloguing samples and performing regular audits of the biobank inventory.
* Maintain and track chain of custody on Clinical and GLP samples through LIMS system.
* Gather and collect generated tissue QC data from pathologists and scientists and merge information in block inventory spreadsheet.
* Assist with selecting samples from inventory based on scientist/pathologist criteria-proficient datamining skills are required.
Digital Slide Scanning Job
* Receive and perform inventory of slides by checking against a sample manifest or generate a manifest if not provided.
* Clean slides and load into automated whole slide scanner and follow the scanning workflow.
* Perform a QC check of scanned slides to ensure the tissue is in focus.
* Batch rename image files.
* Perform a second QC check to ensure that all renamed images match the actual slide labels.
* Transfer scans to database and file slides and paperwork accordingly.
* Troubleshoot scanners and software.
* BS in life science or science-related field.
* HT/HTL(ASCP) certification is desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years of related histotechnology experience and/or 2+ years of biotech industry experience.
* Must have strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Excel, SharePoint, Power Automate/Power Apps is desirable.
* Experience in a histology, molecular biology, or similar laboratory preferred.
* Experience in biospecimen management for research purposes, including sample collection, processing, storage, and distribution.
* The performance of duties may require frequent lifting and carrying objects of up to 50 pounds .
* May be required to use a wide variety of manual tools and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all which demand significant manual dexterity.