HR Service Delivery Lead, EME - PAYROLL - Northampton - VP Level
A UK Bank, with offices in Northampton are looking to recruit an HR Service Delivery Lead, focusing on Payroll. Their HR Operations provide support through a Global HR Service Centres, consisting of approximately 350 colleagues based across the UK, US, India, Lithuania and APAC.
The role holder will be accountable for the following, for the Europe and Middle East regions:
· Timely and accurate delivery of all required processes and controls for in-scope services, as per defined service performance metrics, whilst always seeking to optimise the performance, cost, risk and resilience of the service line
· Prompt resolution of all escalated issues, including complex queries and/or requests for exceptions to standard process and service delivery issues.
· Effectively manage and nurture colleagues in team to build expertise and motivate to high levels of performance. Evaluate key person dependency and ensure that succession plans are in place for key leads and critical roles in the service line.
· Conducting service reviews with business leaders (e.g. Regional HR Services Leads and Global Service Centres Leads), to include presenting value-adding analysis of performance, identifying trends and recommending new ideas and solutions to improve operational efficiency.
· Strong collaboration with the Global Service Delivery Lead and Regional Leads for the service line, working together to drive common global processes (where possible).
· Driving a Continuous Improvement mind-set and embedding this culture across all teams, to:
- Eliminate as much non-value added activity as possible.
- Pro-actively identify and work with HR Technology to progress automation opportunities.
· Ongoing review and maintenance of the Service Catalogue with relevant stakeholders.
· Driving operational excellence throughout our control environment, to mitigate risks and minimise the occurrence of risk events and issues.
· Ensuring operational resilience is continually maintained, including proactively identifying a proposing solutions to address any single points of failure
· Ensuring appropriate governance and documentation is in place and maintained to effectively manage delivery of the service, including:
- Ensuring all service (and related processes and control) procedures are in-place and continually evaluated for greater efficiency and better colleague experience.
- Following agreed Governance processes for changes that impact the Enterprise Process Taxonomy (EPT) and 1 level below.
· Partnering collaboratively with the Service Management Lead to ensure services listed in the HR Operations Service Catalogue are delivered efficiently, to budget, within control/governance requirements and at all times focusing on the customer/colleague to achieve the best solution and outcome for them.
· Ensuring delivery meets all agreed service level agreements and key performance metrics, including where the service is delivered through external suppliers.
· Providing global process reporting to the Service Manager, including regional and legal entity variation rationales (as appropriate). This shall include high-quality written reports, where required.
· Partnering with the Service Improvement Team to ensure any changes to process, systems or continuous improvement suggestions are evaluated and managed appropriately.
· Setting clear direction and performance targets, and diligently measuring success - cascading strategy and clearly communicating progress through verbal and written updates.
· Setting SMART individual and team objectives, and working closely with the regional leads to provide inputs to appraisals for the teams across regions.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
· Extensive experience with managing HR delivery teams, including strong Payroll knowledge.
· Demonstrable experience with managing stringent performance requirements.
· Demonstrable experience with continuous improvement / LEAN.
· Experience with working with globally diverse teams.
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications
· Experience with structured process mapping using BlueWorks or other similar BPM tools.
· Experience with multiple contact channels such as Voice, Email, Chat, Portal etc.
· Exposure to HR tools and technology - Sales Force, Workday, SAP, Success Factors, Case management and workflow tools, interactive portals and HR analytics tools.