In Vivo Research Associate/Lab Manager
Palo Alto, CA
We are seeking a highly driven RA/Lab Manager to join our dynamic research team in Palo Alto. This role will contribute to the growth of our research portfolio by developing assay strategies to advance the discovery and validation of novel cardio immunology therapies. This position is ideal for a talented, highly motivated and results driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment.
- Supervise in vivo study applications and husbandry operations in support of Research and Development activities
- Support the development of, and adheres to study designs, SOPs and IACUC protocols; Maintain accurate records for health reports, cage cards etc,
- Provide job performance training and documentation of training for animal care staff
- Oversee procurement processes that determine supply and equipment inventory to sustain the day-to-day operations of the animal care program, including:
- feed/bedding, sanitation supplies, cages, cage equipment, etc
- Perform other duties as required in supporting in vivo studies such as murine handling, dosing (PO, IV, IP, SC), survival and terminal blood collection
- BA with 3+ years of relevant experience
- A highly engaged RA/Lab Manager with the desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with both a collaborative and goal/results-orientated style.
- Critical thinking with the ability to analyze possibilities and prioritize solutions
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- To perform this duty the employee must have the ability to sit or stand at and operate a computer terminal and walk or travel within the facility. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.