I'm currently looking to recruit a Information Architect for a contract role in Edinburgh. The initial contract is 3 months but with probable extensions beyond that point.
You would be employed by a consultancy working on one of their large programmes of work. The end client is a large media organisation.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at the end client are on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make the end company more relevant.
- Work with senior business stakeholders to form an understanding of the business' information needs and priorities both current and future, in relation to the business' strategic roadmap
- Work alongside equivalent technology-focused Enterprise Architects to stay informed of and evaluate technologies and solutions in the context of the business' strategic roadmap and information needs, and to select and promote technologies and solutions that further the capabilities and performance of data products at the client.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Solution Architects and Delivery teams where appropriate
- Develop capability models, strategies, roadmaps and associated artefacts for the Enterprise Architecture Framework
Required Skills Set
- 7+ years of commercial IT change and programme experience
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders in developing future plans
- Experience in either solution and/or information architecture
- 5 years Data Modelling experience, conceptual and logical modelling.
- Experience working with RDMS and SQL
- Strong familiarity with Data warehousing approaches such as Inmon and Kimball
- Experience designing data products or migrating services to a cloud environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one mainstream cloud technology (GCP, AWS, AZURE)
- Demonstrated implementation and experience of most aspects of enterprise architecture frameworks to help manage and optimise business operations in an architectural context
- Experience working in fast paced data rich environments designing data solutions with a strong ability to identify opportunities and define strategy
- Experience developing and maintaining business capability models
- An ability to 'think outside the box' to come up with pragmatic solutions
- Previous data product development experience
- TOGAF certified
- GCP or AWS Certified
- SAFE or related Agile certification
- Project or Programme Management experience
- Product Management experience
- Experience of working in or with distributed teams and stakeholders across multiple locations either directly or remotely
- Experience in a strategic role reporting up to senior director level