The Infrastructure Design team is responsible for the delivery of Infrastructure designs, their standards & design patterns and technology consultancy in the delivery of IT projects.
The role is all about…
- Creation & development of high level and detailed infrastructure designs
- Assessment of infrastructure costs within agreed solutions
- Creation of adoption & roadmaps, reusable design patterns & standards, hardware & software Standard Operating Environments (SOE)
- Development of operational and use case models for new technologies
- Design Governance to ensure ongoing reliability, quality and adherence to architectural strategies & roadmaps.
- Consultancy to approved projects during the estimating process; manday, cost, high level design and impact analysis
We need you to have...
- The ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment
- The ability to support the rationale behind financial cost estimates for a project's given scope
- The ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and oral skills together with the ability to listen, assimilate and then translate new ideas into solid IT designs
- Knowledge to support the design & architectural governance process, demonstrating technical experience and sound decision making skills
- The skills to support & deliver continuous improvement within the organisation's capabilities
We would like you to have...
- A broad range of design experience - the role holder will be an experienced IT professional, typically with a degree and business/ IT post-graduate professional education, with experience of influencing at a senior level.
- Experience of designing solutions in financial services environments to meet business critical needs.
- Experience and knowledge of agile development environments as well as more traditional waterfall delivery.
Candidates should have relevant experience and exposure to current versions of the following technologies :
- Operating systems; Windows Server, Red Hat Linux
- Services; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory
- Database; Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Messaging/Collaboration; Exchange, MS Teams/Skype for Business, Sharepoint/Sharepoint Online
- Virtualisation; VMWare ESXi
- Desktop; Windows
- Cloud; Office 365, Azure, AWS