Join the Product and Technology team of a dynamic, fast-paced, venture where you will be in charge of the software architecture. Our client delivers end-to-end ground-breaking solutions to a diverse set of customers in target verticals such as automotive, smart communities, and agriculture. As a software architect, your role will be to design, follow and stay on top of the software platform.
Our software stack constitutes state-of-the-art patterns and cloud-native tools: Microservice, K8S, Prometheus, React, Node.js/Kotlin, and much shinier tech. Last but not least, the job involves both hands-on engagements with developers, at the same time evaluating and pushing the most strategic business key results.
- Envision an architecture that adequately satisfies product vision and requirements
- Bridge between product and software by building a set of goals, metrics, and initiatives (OKRs)
- Choose a tech-stack, framework, libraries and infrastructure, that serve well the crafted architecture
- Stay on top of the software quality by sharing guidelines and rolling automated quality bots
- Build a testing strategy that suits distributed architecture
- Connect Dev with Ops to reach a production environment that is resilient and observable
- Lead the most impactful software decisions like choosing the right database for the mission, make a choice between vendors, and bring your experience to any crossroad
- Perform code reviews to ensure that your great plans indeed meet the complicated reality
- Inspire developers: When a tough challenge arises help them to hop over the hump, be available to spare advice, and serve as a great mentor.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 10+ years of experience fielding software systems as a software developer and at least 3+ years of experience designing software systems as a software architect
- Proven software architecture experience in development of application and/or web-based software products preferably in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of software testing techniques and strategies. Familiarity with modern testing approaches and Microservice testing. Ability to design an automated pipeline (CI/CD)
- Hands-on experience with at least one modern programming language like Python, Node.js, Kotlin, Go or similar (at least one from the list)
- Proven experience with designing multiple cloud-based distributed architecture
- Proven experience with Docker-based systems like Kubernetes (k8S or alike) or Serverless
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely including an ability to document software architecture
- Able and drive to deliver on time, while working with globally distributed development team
- Good influencer and a mentor for the software development team as well as a consensus builder
- Insatiable curiosity to understand and improve the state of art
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Full stack design and development for IoT Cloud Platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Experienced in, and committed to, quality DevOps practices utilizing infrastructure as code and one touch deployments.
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing
- Work with development team to produce Proof of Concepts in high-risk areas to de-risk architecture
- Define architectural strategies and components that support data modeling standards, data quality policies and enforcement, as well as data security
- Experience in scaling solutions in the GCP/AWS ecosystem while optimizing cost.
- 25% Incentive Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive PPO Healthcare
- 6% match on 401k, 8% after a 3-year vest
- Unlimited PTO