IT Business Analyst
My client, a UK based retailer are looking for a Business Analyst to work as part of the business facing team for the IT function, leading engagement and collaboration activity at every stage of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to deliver technology led change with a broad range of stakeholders from across every department within the organisation.
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities/ Actions:
· Use recognised techniques such as observation, job shadowing, interviews, workshops and brainstorming to elicit functional and non-functional requirements.
· Use recognised approaches and methods to document requirements in the form of requirements catalogues and user stories as appropriate.
· Produce other supporting artefacts to underpin requirements documentation such as process flows and data models to ensure clarity and gain approval on any proposed solution.
· Regularly facilitate discussions to prioritise captured requirements using techniques such as MoSCoW to ensure the highest priority items are always being developed and delivered.
· Identify opportunities to utilise existing and new technologies and new technologies and assess for technical and business suitability.
· Support the architecture function with the creation and maintenance of solution design diagrams that are aligned to captured requirements.
· Produce relevant documentation to ensure that captured requirements can be tested and validated through success criteria, test scripts and test plans.
· Co-ordinate testing activity as required, encompassing self-testing, stakeholder testing and third-party testing activity.
· Engage with supporting third parties as required at any stage in the SDLC and act as the link between third-parties, stakeholders and other members of the project team.
· Act as the primary contact for development teams, providing clarification as required (functional specifications, solution design diagrams etc) for specified solution components.
· Produce any relevant materials that can be used to educate and train stakeholders on how to use and get value from delivered solutions, including demos, user manuals and work instructions.
· Plan and deliver training sessions with end users on new solutions using in person or through remote methods, leading delivery of these sessions as appropriate.
Need to know:
· Experience of working for a large scale in Retail organisation
· Experience of working in fast paced, unstructured and ambiguous environments
· Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders from different business functions
· Experience of working on every stage of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Experience of leading analysis activity for complex business processes in as is and to be formats
· Experience of supporting the production of business/ benefits cases in support of IT initiatives
· Experience of producing artefacts to support the discovery process such as - requirements catalogues, functional design documents, process flows, data flows, context diagrams, user stories and use cases.
· Experience of working in cross-functional project teams to deliver technology led solutions
· Experience of working with third parties to deliver technology led solutions
· Experience of managing stakeholders in challenging and demanding environments