- A utility player who can flex and expand to what the project requires.
- Experience in cross-functional project management supporting fellow employees and leadership at an enterprise level.
- Although you are focused on execution, you maintain a view on the bigger picture and think through ways to make improvements.
- Results-oriented expert for vendor selection and vendor management.
- Flexible, you understand and accept that even with a detailed plan, change is inevitable and are quick to adapt to changes in direction, priority or plans.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- You are a go-getter with a strong sense of urgency. You anticipate changes and proactively plan and take action before risks become issues.
- Internalize, operationalize, and quickly own new concepts.
Communication & Influence:
- Communications are clear and concise. You can talk about complex technical concepts in business terms, and adjust your communication from executives to end users.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to partner effectively with other team members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- You maintain a strong pulse on what is transpiring, keeping teams informed while looking ahead to set expectations for upcoming work.
- Collaboration and teamwork are at the core of all you do. You are great at connecting with others, understanding multiple perspectives and work well with others to accomplish project goals.
- You are comfortable presenting to large audiences including Senior Leadership.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are a must; you can clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Specifically, the IT Project Manager should expect to:
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to defined timelines and within the allocated budget. The Project Manager is responsible for partnering with the business and end-users and ensuring the product meets their needs.
- Use appropriate project management tools, reports, templates, and PMO process documentation.
- Work directly with department staff, as well as vendors (if applicable) and, when necessary, help other departments in fulfilling the requirements of assigned projects.
- Utilize project management best practices, including risk management, quality management, change management, change control and communication.
- Manage through collaboration and by providing leadership, guidance, and support to all project team members on assigned projects.
- Conduct business process analysis and technology evaluations.
- Work with internal customers to identify and implement process and technology changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Well-qualified candidates will have experience creating and managing the following types of project assets:
· Requirements/Deliverables Traceability Matrix, Risk Register, ROI analysis, RACI Diagram, Stakeholder Register, Communication Plan, QA Plan, Project Plan/Schedule, Project Charters, Letter of Acceptance, RFPs and Statements of Work.
- Experience with multiple types of technology projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Government experience
- Teams Workspace/MS Project
- PMP, CAPM or CSM Certification
- ITIL Certification/experience