Hydrogen Group are working with a respected financial services customer to recruit an IT Security Engineer. The role is a permanent opportunity with the office location been in central London. The salary is competitive within the market and the company offer an excellent benefits package.
The Security Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, testing and administration of security tools and system that provide both administrative and technical controls in support of security policies and procedures within the business.
Key Deliverables for the role
- Implement and manage security tools and system. This will include, but not limited to, Endpoint Security solution, Azure DDoS Protection, Azure web application firewall (WAF), Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Operating System Security, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Vulnerability management, Network security and Firewalls.
- Work with SoC team and manage/co-ordinate security incidents through the lifecycle
- Participate and help coordinate various types of security investigations (e.g. discovery activity) upon request.
- Provide support to the Infrastructure & Security Manager by analysing IT processes & infrastructure to design and optimise Information Security solutions e.g. Azure Security, DLP, Ransomware, Threat protection, Office 365, Email security, SIEM, Web filter.
- Provide advisory and consulting support to help the organisation improve its security posture and adhere to security policies and expected controls
Key Skills for the role
- Proven experience with Azure
- Technical knowledge of cloud solution, network, server, desktop and their security components e.g. Azure Security centre, Azure WAF, Azure DDoS, Windows Server, Windows 10, Office 365, firewalls, IPS, web filter, Endpoint Protection, SIEM, OWASP
- Understanding of information security concepts
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity, CIS Controls).
- Although professional certifications would be a distinct advantage (e.g. CISSP, CCSP, CEH); any experience through professional career will also be considered
- Minimum of 2 years of related information technology and cyber security experience within Financial Services or similar regulated organisation
- Experience of security incident handling/ response
- Experience of security management (e.g. Cisco/Checkpoint/FortiGate firewalls, switches, IPS, Cisco ISE), server management ( e.g. Microsoft Windows 2012/16/19, Windows 10) and Cloud infrastructure Management (Azure/Office365 management)
- Ability to conduct research/investigation into security issues
- Ability to analyse complex information, assess risks and respond appropriately to make and facilitate informed decisions.
- Ability to work on your own initiative whilst at the same time adhering to strict IT policies and procedures