As the Java 11 Developer you will be supporting some major enhancement work on the website of a leading Retail Giant who are adding new components and visibility of other business areas to the site.
- Master development lifecycle.
- Very strong Java background, ideally Java 11+
- Knowledge in Microservices
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools
- Containerisation using Docker
- Develop latency sensitive systems
- Agile development.
- Focus on testing the code, regression testing, integration testing etc)
- Knowledge of distributed architecture and caching (Redis, HazelCast, ElastiCache etc)
- Applying the fundamentals of domain driven design
- Develops with SOLID principles in mind
- Knowledge in cloud platforms, ideally Azure.
- Being expose to Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of messaging systems.
- Event driven Architecture knowledge
- DevOps experience would be a big plus (Writing Infrastructure as code, using Terraform, Ansible, Chef etc)
- Familiar with search and analytics solutions (Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Node.js & Python (some small systems are coded in these languages)