* Performs activities related to the maintenance of assigned laboratories - supporting training, documentation, planning, and implementation of laboratory operations and equipment maintenance protocols.
* Interacts closely with research staff using a customer service based approach to solve complex operational workflow and lab management issues.
* Acts as liaison for service requests between laboratory staff and EH&S, Facilities, IT, and Finance departments.
* Enters facility Work Orders for equipment repairs. Works closely with Facilities to track progress on Work Orders, preparing equipment for service and coordinating scheduling with equipment end users.
* Monitors and assists with the work of contract service providers for repairs and services.
* Leads small special projects to support operations, such as organizing lab cleaning, freezer defrosting, and space planning.
* Assists in on- and off-boarding of staff.
* Works with finance to assist with order request processing and creation of standing POs. Assists Finance with tracking of quarterly expenses.
* Participates in drafting biweekly lab operations newsletter, detailing laboratory announcements.
* Creates or revises standard operating procedures.
* Assists in managing laboratory supply inventory.
* Supports site moves.
* Organizes and supports the BMS alarm system in relevant labs.
* Detailed understanding and awareness of the type of research performed in the relevant laboratories.
* Assists research team(s) with unique ad hoc requests for laboratory services
* Other duties as may be assigned
* Attends team meetings as needed
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Keen attention to detail
* Self directed and creative problem solver
* Demonstrated time management
* Customer service skills
* Database management skills
* Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Laboratory Information Management Systems; ability to navigate and learn systems
* Associate's or B.S. degree in a scientific discipline
* 1-2 years of relevant laboratory operations experience or equivalent
* Basic understanding of research conduct in a highly regulated environment
* Organized with ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
* As a location-dependent position, must follow Gilead's requirements for COVID-19 vaccination