Hydrogen Group are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager (minimum 3 years' experience) to work for a large retail company. The company are looking for a permanent member of staff. The successful candidate will be expected onsite 2 days per week. The office location is Welwyn Garden City. There is an excellent benefits package which includes bonus along with a market leading salary.
About the role
The successful Project Manager will deliver complex, cross-functional technology projects that support colleagues and help serve the company's customers better. They work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering and business colleagues and lead the projects to deliver value quickly and often.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
· Deliver projects and programmes with business and/or technical risks
· Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g., agile, waterfall, iterative)
· Bring together, coordinate and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
· Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
· Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
· Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using knowledge of technical architecture
· Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
· Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
· Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
· Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
Key Skills and Experience
· A proven accomplished record of delivering technology and/or infrastructure projects
· Experience of building credible relationships and influencing management and leadership teams
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
· The ability to influence without authority.