Hydrogen are working on an exciting opportunity with a leading international bank who are looking to hire a retail banking lawyer to join their highly regarded legal team as a Legal Counsel. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal support and advice to the Mortgage team and will work closely with the business and other legal teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality legal advice.
- Providing legal advice and support on all aspects of mortgage lending and regulation.
- Advising on the implementation of regulatory changes affecting mortgage lending, including MCOB.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating related documentation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators and external legal advisors.
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor in England & Wales with ideally 2-5 years PQE gained in-house or within private practice with significant experience advising on retail banking regulation, with a particular focus on mortgage law, especially MCOB.
- Experience working in-house or at a law firm representing financial institutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment governing the mortgage industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work under pressure and deliver high-quality work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively across teams and functions.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and join a dynamic and innovative team, please apply for this exciting opportunity.
If you would like to find out more on a confidential basis, please express your interest via this page or email email@example.com. Please rest assured that all enquiries will be received in the strictest confidence and no personal details will be shared with any other party without your express consent.
*PQE stated is purely a guide and for those who can demonstrate required skills for the role and fall outside of this PQE range are encouraged to apply.