Our FS Client is looking for a Mainframe Technician to join them on a 3 month cotnract role - £600/day inside IR35. K
Essential Mainframe IMS technical knowledge and skills
· IMS DB Backup and Recovery processes and technologies
· Database knowledge (logical and physical design)
· Understanding of support requirements for IMS HALDB databases
· Experience with troubleshooting database performance issues
· Perform data management tasks, monitoring and managing Space allocation and utilisation including reorganisations
· Identify and troubleshoot database integrity issues to RCE.
· Monitor database backups and archive logs. Troubleshoot backup failures and work to resolve issues as required.
· Monitor the databases for any unusual activities and check the logs periodically.
· Experience of IMS DB cloning provision
· Understands 24 X 7 database support
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent follow up and follow through skills
· Able to work independently
Desirable but not essential
· Knowledge of ITIL processes
· Experience with ticket tracking software, specifically Service Now
· Mainframe DB2 skills, similar operation cover to the IMS skillset above.
· Knowledge of CA's DB2 toolsets in particular CA Insight
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply!