Medical Advisor Insomnia UK
Following the recent opening of our UK affiliate in London, we are now looking for an experienced Medical Advisor CNS - UK.
Reporting to the UK Medical Director, the Medical Advisor CNS - UK is responsible for supporting the UK Medical Affairs Team to deliver the medical affairs strategy and will focus on the support for preparation for the launch of the most advanced Company's asset - daridorexant in insomnia. The Medical Advisor CNS - UK will also support successful launches in the coming years.
Main responsibilities include:
· In collaboration with the Headquarters of in Switzerland, support the development and implementation of Medical Affairs strategies for the UK market, starting from insomnia.
· Communicate in a compelling manner the medical and scientific value of the assets, inside and outside Company's.
· Establish and drive engagement of KOL's, patient advocacy groups, professional societies and other key stakeholders, in alignment with the global Medical Affairs strategy.
· Collaborate with Global Clinical Development on interactions with investigators participating in clinical trials, investigator meetings and advisory boards.
· Help to identify and manage innovative real world evidence (RWE) programmes & investigator initiated studies with centers of excellence across the portfolio.
· Develop product specific training for Medical Science Liaison (MSL) and commercial teams in the UK to deepen the product and scientific knowledge within the therapeutic area, and create informative medical decks for external use.
· Collaborate with other medical functions to ensure aligned strategy.
· Provide medical input for compounds in development.
· Provide expert support relating to product, patient treatment trends and scientific activities within the CNS disease area.
· Assess both non-promotional and promotional materials to ensure that all claims are supported by scientific data and presented in an accurate, fair and balanced manner, ensuring compliance with Company's SOPs as well as legal and PMCPA Code of Practice ethical standards.
· Develop and implement a novel scientific communication plan for Company's products, initially with daridorexant in insomnia, and contribute to the medical/scientific review of manuscripts.
· Develop a medical and scientific network able to ensure the required sponsorship on clinical projects.
· Promote innovative projects in order to support the company's assets.
The Medical Advisor CNS - UK will be an experienced medical affairs professional with a strong, successful track record in delivering on core aspects of the UK Medical Affairs role including but not limited to:
· Medical Information
· UK PMCPA Code Compliance
· Medical Education and Communications
· Key Stakeholder identification & KOL engagement
· Brand Team Engagement
· Marketing of medicines in the best interests of patients
· Organisational Training (MSLs and commercial colleagues, including sales force)
· Regulatory Affairs
· Ph IV / RWE
· Publications, Congresses, Symposia & Advisory Boards
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate in a dynamic, science-driven environment and build bridges into new functional areas. Specifically, s/he will demonstrate the following:
· Medical doctor or UK registered pharmacist, minimum XXX-year experience in pharmaceutical industry predominantly in the medical affairs function with a demonstrated record of excellence
· Enrolled or be eligible for Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialist Training (PMST)
· Track record of successful product launches in UK
· Experience in CNS and/or, insomnia ideally
· Experience in a medical affairs role at country level, regionally and/or globally
· Experience in the UK pharmaceutical market
· Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating medical/clinical information into medical affairs strategies
· Solid experience in RWE and scientific communication
· Proficiency in scientific and clinical data review and interpretation
· Robust understanding of regulatory affairs
· Good understanding of the Medical support required at each stage of a product lifecycle
· Excellent multitasking, collaboration and communication skills to facilitate team discussions
· Ability and enthusiasm in building effective partnerships with broad stakeholder groups.
In terms of the performance and competencies required for successful execution in this position, the candidate must be aligned with the Company's's Behaviours:
Advance: driving the achievement of ambitious goals, taking full ownership and accountability while progressing ahead of the competition.
· Proven ability to set and achieve results, while demonstrating a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Energetic, results-oriented to drive operational excellence to meet and exceed objectives.
· Evidence of strong commercial success, ability to accelerate business growth, and a demonstrable track record of successful product launches in UK.
· Focus on the big picture; ability to deal with ambiguity and 'build from scratch'.
· Understanding of the full value chain related to drug development and commercialization, and the current issues in the increasingly heavily regulated environment globally.
· Credible and engaging with country stakeholders, including payers, KOLs and patient associations as equally as with internal teams in Company's.
Be Pragmatic: agile and efficient in getting things done without compromising the quality of the work.
· Someone who 'gets things done' in a fast-paced and nimble environment.
· Brings specific knowledge and insight related to specialty pharma markets in UK.
· Brings in and rolls out suggestions that are relevant and pragmatic.
Invent: Creative, science-and data-driven in finding new approaches to all aspects of work and in discovering and developing new medicines.
· Ability to see ahead clearly and anticipate future consequences and trends. Ability to create and communicate a vision. Proactive in identifying alternative options.
· Ability to demonstrate creative thinking in shaping the environment for under treated or unrecognized disease/condition. That includes deliver disease awareness programs served by digital and multi- channel communication.
Team Up: Engaged and collaborative, openly shares information and exchanging ideas, listening and supporting teams and having fun.
· Ability to engender an open, collaborative culture and engage authentically.
· Capabilities to collaborate with cross-functional and cross-disciplinary teams, also with external partners.
Learn: continuously expands knowledge, skills and self-awareness, deliberately learning every day and finding ways to apply what has been learned.
· Demonstrated learning agility and ability to apply new learnings and approaches especially in ambiguous circumstances.
· Self-reflective, has proven capable of learning from past experiences, to improve the business, the team and self
If you are interested in finding out more please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know anyone who may be interested I am offering £500 referral fee for any successful candidate