Hydrogen Group are currently looking for a permanent MQ Administrator to work for a large financial company. The successful candidate can be remotely based. The role has a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The successful candidate will be an IBM MQ Administrator, they will become part of the Core Team within Technology Operations. Technology Operations provide technical expertise to support the running of the company. The successful candidate will work across a number of change initiatives and provide expertise on MQ. The candidate will take a leading role in ensuring that our large multi platforms MQ environment meet the challenges of the digital world.
Key skills required to be successful
· A deep expertise and enduring curiosity in IBM Message Queue (MQ) Administration and of MQ clustering and security.
· Great experience of Administering, Maintaining, Deploying, and Integration including installation and configuration of IBM MQ version 7.x up to latest 9.x on distributed platforms (Linux, Solaris, AIX and Windows) and z/OS.
· A sound understanding on the definition and modification of MQ configurations such as queues, listener ports, channels, pub/sub, etc.
· Support MQ queue managers running in a hub & spoke environment (MQ Clients)
· A desire to explore and implement new technologies that transform our ways of working.
· A desire and aptitude to continually grow your own knowledge and skills, and help others do the same.
· A broad understanding of surrounding IT infrastructure: hardware, networking, data, and middleware.
· An aptitude to quickly assimilate and understand complexity under pressure in order to diagnose and remediate technical issues.
· A willingness to occasionally work outside normal business hours to deliver change, and to be on-call to provide 24x7 support as a member of a rota.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
Nice to have
· A good working knowledge of the operation of Core Banking platforms.
· A good understanding of IBM Integration Bus Administration.
· Knowledge of IBM CICS would be advantageous.
· Experience and skills in using MQ explorer and RFHUTIL.
· Recent experience of core modernisation and managing digital demands on MQ infrastructure.
· Experience managing technical relationships with vendors and suppliers.
· Experience of identifying, quantifying and communicating technical risk.