In this position you will routinely run analytical development assays, including potency assays, flow-based assays, functional assays and molecular assays for lot release and characterization of products.
This an on-site role based in San Mateo, CA.
1. Support analytical method execution to assess T cell function, such as cell-based potency assays, molecular assays such as qPCR/ddPCR and flow cytometry-based assays.
2. Support routine Process Development testing as well as other internal/external studies.
3. Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
4. Analyze data and assist with process trending, and procedural updates.
5. Perform additional duties as assigned.
1. BA degree with demonstrated experience in cell therapy, immunology, cancer biology, molecular biology or a closely related field, and +2 years of industry experience.
2. Experience with relevant technologies with an emphasis on functional assays, cell culture (e.g. aseptic techniques, cell line expansion), multiplexed immunoassays, NGS, qPCR, and ddPCR and flow cytometry methods.
3. Experience with assay development, method qualification, and routine testing in GLP and/or GMP environment.
4. Knowledge related to laboratory information management system (LIMS) and electronic lab notebook record keeping (ELN).
5. Knowledge related to scientific data analysis applications such as GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, FACSDiva, Novocyte, Spotfire, and JMP software packages.
6. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
7. Experience with gene and cell therapies or pharmaceutical industry.
8. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
9. Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.